There is no such thing as a perfect parent. So just be a real one
There are so many things to remember as a first time mom but you may still not be perfect as you might have thought. So, we have compiled together the checklist of some essential things to remember for new moms, Here is all the information you need for your parenthood!
IMMUNIZATIONS-WHY THEY REALLY MATTER?
It may be painful to hear the inevitable crying of your baby while getting his routine immunizations but it is really crucial for your baby’s health. Vaccines introduce antibodies into your baby’s body that helps in combating infections or any life-threatening diseases. It may be common for some babies to get a mild reaction or fever from these vaccine shots & for starters it may be difficult to handle but don’t skip a single routine immunization due to your anxiety or fear as it may affect your baby’s growth.
DEALING WITH COLICKY BABIES:
You may expect your baby to cry for a feed, a diaper change or a vaccine pain but what if your baby still remains cranky or fussy despite fulfilling all his needs. As a first-time mom, you may not be familiar with colicky babies; it is a condition when your baby cries excessively during the late day that lasts for more than three hours hence putting a terrible pressure on new parents. If you are one of those unlucky mothers with colicky babies, then don’t get steamed up as it is just temporary!
Here are some effective ways to cope up with your colicky baby:
- Learn to put your baby in a burrito-style wrap commonly known as swaddling; it is perfect in not only soothing your baby but also putting him to sleep for longer. If you are looking for a perfect swaddle for your newborn, then don’t miss the discounted price of Baby swaddle sampler on Amazon.
- Get some support from a mom’s group online or a face-to-face interaction so that you don’t feel isolated.
- Try using some calming tactics like placing your baby in an upright position or giving a warm bath.
COPING UP WITH BREAST-FEEDING PROBLEMS:
For the first time moms, breastfeeding is not less than an adventure. You may face several problems related to breastfeeding such as sore or cracked nipples; lumps on your breast or even a low or high supply of milk but don’t panic. Here we have compiled some effective strategies that will help you to cope up with all breastfeeding problems.
- Try to put your baby in a position where his mouth covers a larger part of the areola below rather than above.
- While breastfeeding always wear loose clothing & apply creams or balms specifically designed for sore nipples.
- Learn to massage your breasts to stimulate milk movement but remember frequent nursing greatly helps in increasing your milk supply. If the problem still persists, its worth trying the Double Breast Pump on Amazon’s discounted price.
- Buy breast pads if you have a high amount of milk supply that sometimes even results in leakage. I always recommend moms to buy these affordable, washable & reusable nursing pads from bamboobies on Amazon.
GET TO KNOW ABOUT SIDS (Sudden Infant death syndrome):
You may not be familiar with SIDs if you are a first-time mom; it is a sudden death of a baby younger than one-year-old & is most commonly related with wrong sleep positions hence referred to as a crib death. Most deaths in babies happen from two to six months but the exact reason for SIDs remains unknown.
How to prevent SIDs?
- Never leave your child unattended especially when they begin to roll over during their sleep.
- Don’t put your baby for stomach sleeping as it may block the airways & hurt breathing.
- Avoid putting your babies to sleep with stuffed toys or unhygienic bedding. Don’t buy a bumper pad for your baby’s crib as it may cause suffocation during sleep.
- Don’t use alcohol or any drug if you share your bed with the infant.
SLEEP DEPRIVATION: HOW TO DEAL?
A good night sleep for new moms is of crucial importance but it may look like a dream if you got a baby to look after. The key to deal with sleep deprivation is to sleep when your baby sleeps. Don’t think about your messy home because ones your baby is up, you are up too & you can do all household activities while playing with your child.
Given all these points, you can now enjoy the chaos of your first time motherhood even in solitude!